Saturday, March 12, 2011

Movement

The weather is starting to turn for the better in Sioux Falls, and I'm starting to feel as though I am coming out of the lazy-haze that winter seems to bring. I had this feeling as I was getting ready for the day of wanting to learn something new. I'm not quite sure what yet. A new piece on the piano maybe, or new words in Spanish. The latter may prove to be important, as I am increasingly hopeful about finding an opportunity to go way South for a year or so. The realization that there is no better time than the near future to learn a new language has really sunk in.

I feel well poised to make some great personal strides this spring. It has been so freeing to not have any work to attend to after 3pm. Currently I'm watching more television on Hulu than I would like to admit, but I guess I can live with that. Reading would be better, but that's the way it goes. But I've been out running the past few days, and feel great! I can't wait to get my bike into the shop for a tune-up and then start using it to commute again. And I've started to toy with the idea to see if I can make it for one whole month without spending any money (maybe it will have to be just on weekdays...that could be really difficult) But we'll see...I just read about a bunch of 30 day experiments people tried in Outside Magazine and think picking something would be fun. I'll have to see what I can work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment