Sunday, April 11, 2010

Monday, August 31, 2009 - So I Finally Stayed in Seattle for a Weekend



It's a really foggy morning here in West Seattle, and it reminds me as we start September tomorrow that the weather is going to begin to change over the next month. Last Saturday it rained for the first time in a couple of weeks, and Dave was telling me how during September it will most likely rain one day a week, then the next week rain for two days, and so on until it is gray all the time round mid-October. I've been very blessed with the great weather this summer, and cannot recall it spoiling any of our plans!

As the title of this blog states, we stayed in Seattle this weekend, at least for the most part. I woke up Saturday morning with the intent of driving back up to Snohomish and riding the Centennial Trail again. Like I said earlier, it was raining, but luckily it stopped by nine and never started again. As I unloaded my bike from my car, the air felt considerably warmer, and five or six miles in the sun started to shine. I rode 30 miles, and was glad to have judged the weather correctly.

My friend Tamara is a fabulous singer/songwriter. She is working on making her own CD, and on Saturday night Dave and I went to hear her play a show to raise money to help with the studio fees. I ran into a few other people that I had met through Tamara either this trip or when I was here last summer. It felt great to be able to contribute support to someone who is so talented!

Sunday fulfilled the last big thing on my list of what I wanted to do in Seattle: a Mariners baseball game. I must say however that it was sort of a sad game. The Mariners only had one hit, the game was barely over two hours, and they lost 3-0 to Kansas City. On top of it all, Ichiro and Griffey did not play. But the ballpark is really nice, and we had clear skies above us. Since I'm not tied to either of these teams, it ended up being alright. Lots of fun, actually!

This coming weekend my friend Megan is coming up from Portland, and the following one our friend Jamie comes from Los Angeles...still lots to look forward to in my fleeting few weeks left here!

No comments:

Post a Comment