Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thursday, June 18, 2009 - Honeymoon With My Brother?





Ok, so the post title is after a book that I and my brother have read. Basically, it's about a guy who is dumped by the girl he is engaged to and then takes the honeymoon vacation with his brother instead. Though I was not dumped, I did just take a two week trip with my brother, fulfilling one of my big dreams. It turned out to be most everything that I thought it would be.

Since he has tons of time after leaving Best Buy and before grad school starts, he agreed to "help" me move out to Washington via SD, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and finally Seattle. We spent time with our Aunt in Denver, as well as several other good friends of mine from Valpo in Colorado. In Portland we had a long weekend at the home of our old friend Megan and her roommates. The time in between found us hiking at Arches National Park, touring the Mormon Temple Square in what felt like a very rundown Salt Lake City, and falling in love with beautiful Boise.

Traveling with David is something that I would certainly do again. We had some really great discussions, and I like to think that I showed him silence can be OK once in a while as well. This isn't to say that there were not times of tension between us. Luckily it was never anything major, and be both handled it much better than when I used to sit on his head when we were little kids (or when I almost punched him in St. Louis crossing the street when we were in College). Travel with two people is funny, because the silence often feels a bit strange. We both agreed that it is nice to have a third person to keep the conversation flowing. I am so glad he came along, as most brothers never get that sort of opportunity in their young adult years!

Tomorrow I fly to Pittsburgh to be in the wedding of my good friend Erin Maloney. I'm excited to get to see several friends whom I haven't since graduation. Back late Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment