Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Adult on a Bicycle

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."
-H.G. Wells

I can't remember where I found this quote, but it makes me smile whenever I think about what it means. In a lot of ways, bicycles are toys for children. Not that I agree with that notion, but I think that is what he is getting at. When adults are able to slow down and act like children, it is a sign that everything will be alright.

I'm not sure why, but it just seemed like it was time for me to move on from my Xanga account. Maybe I am just dumb, but it didn't seem like it was all that easy to do what I wanted to with it. Starting from scratch just seemed like the easiest thing to do. You will notice that I have moved over a ton of my old blogs to this new site. I wanted to be able to add photos to go along with a bunch of my old posts, so that is what I have done. Also, I hope to write a bit more frequently than I did with the Xanga. If all goes as planned, Adult on a Bicycle will be more than just a travel blog, but a place for me to write down some thoughts on what is happening with my daily life as well. We'll see how I do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment