Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thursday, July 16, 2009 - Play


The other day my friend Dave and I went out for a coffee with the goal of taking our list of things to do this summer and putting them on a calendar. I am happy to say that I have a very fun next couple of months to look forward to.

Last weekend I went out to the beach here in West Seattle to watch a staged pirate battle. There were about twenty ships, both old and new, out on the water "fighting" each other. Then the coast guard showed up with a ship carrying about 40 people dressed up as pirates and stormed the beach. It was quite fun, and the beach was just bursting with people who had come out to watch this. Pirates are big out here. I'm told there is even a pirate society which gathers monthly, and judging from the long beards and hard features on some of the men who got off the boat, I'd bet money some of these folks play pirates all year long.

This coming Saturday I'll be going to the West Seattle Parade as well as to the Science Fiction Museum to see a traveling exhibit all about the Muppets. If you know me and my deep love for the Muppets, you can only imagine how excited I am! Then on Sunday, Dave, our friend Heather, and myself are taking advantage of the national park free day and going hiking at Mt. Rainier.

Here are just a few of the other things I'll be doing this summer:

  • Lebowski Fest
  • Canada
  • Olympic National Park
  • Ice Caves
  • Leavenworth (I guess an authentic German town)
  • Torchlight Parade run through downtown

And of course, there are more places to eat at than I think we will be able to get through, but we'll give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment