Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - Back from Pittsburgh


This past Friday I left at 10:30AM for my friend Erin and Nate's wedding near Pittsburgh. It is a city that I have never been to before, and I'll have to go back sometime as there really wasn't much time to explore it. With two layovers, it was an all day process getting from Seattle to my destination. My friends picked me up at 10:30 Eastern Standard Time and we drove out to Nate's parents house about an hour out of the city.

The wedding was outside, and though the ground was wet from flooding a few days previous, everything else looked beautiful. I was sad that my good friend Brent and his girlfriend Emily were not able to be there due to their flight being canceled, but appreciated them letting the groomsmen have the hotel room they reserved which was non-refundable. It would have otherwise been seven of us in a Super 8!

Following the wedding there was great food, good music to dance to, and a bartender who cut us all one heck of a deal! We were at a "country inn" for the reception, and as there was a pool, it only seemed right to jump in at the end of the night.

After getting about four hours of sleep, we got up to help load up cars with gifts and pick up the cottage we were staying in. My friend Kim and and both had flights that left just before 2, and we just made it! I slept most of the way to Minneapolis, and again slept some during my layover. Though I had set my alarm to wake me before the flight boarded, I was instead roused by a Northwest worker asking for volunteers to be bumped to another flight. I had been hoping that this would happen, so I jumped up, quick called Dave to make sure he could pick me up in the middle of the night if needed, and volunteered. As it turns out, they were able to put me on a direct flight from Minneapolis to Seattle. So, I was able to cut out my layover in Boise, get into Seattle an hour earlier that I was supposed to, and the airline gave me a $300 travel voucher to use within one year! The sacrifices I make...

No comments:

Post a Comment